How Should Personal Protective Equipment Be Used?
PPE to be used, current risk of transmission, recommended according to patient and disease status
within the framework of protection measures (standard, contact, droplet or respiratory
isolation measures) will change. MUST BE WEAR IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER!
• Long sleeves, wristbands, up to the knees
must have the entire front of the body and
should cover the back.
• From the neck and waist area
must be connected.
2. MEDICAL MASK AND N95/FFP2 MASK
• Mask, nose, mouth and lower chin
to cover the part
should be opened and air from the sides
placed in such a way that
must be firmly attached. Nose
wire elastic band on bridge
must be compressed.
3. GLASSES OR FACE PROTECTOR
• To cover the face and eyes
must be set.
• The wrist part of the isolation gown
should be worn to cover.
NOTE: SAFE WORKING RULES
Touching the face with hands should be avoided.
• Do not touch any part of the mask with hands other than the rope or elastic
should not be done.
• Touched surfaces should be limited.
• Torn or heavily soiled gloves should be replaced.
• Hand hygiene should be provided before and after the procedure.
NOTE: PPE MUST BE REMOVED IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER
All PPE, except the mask, is removed before leaving the patient’s room.
The mask is removed after the patient leaves the room.
• The outer surface of the gloves is always considered contaminated.
• Remove the glove from the other hand using the gloved hand.
• Removed glove, still wearing glove.
• Fingers from the apron wrist to the bottom of the glove
glove is peeled off
• If hands are contaminated while removing gloves, immediately,
hand hygiene after removal of any other type of PPE
• Gloves are thrown into the medical waste bin.
• The front of the gown and the sleeves are considered contaminated
• The laces of the apron are loosened. to reach the laces
contact of contaminated parts of the apron while working
care should be taken not to
• Neck the apron, being careful not to touch the inside of it only.
and should be stripped off the shoulder
• If hands become contaminated while removing the apron, immediately wash hands.
hygiene is provided
• The inside of the apron is folded to the outside and medical
thrown into the waste bin.
MEDICAL MASK N95/FFP2 MASK
• The front of the mask is considered contaminated.
• The mask is held first by the lower lace and then by the upper lace.
It is removed without touching the front part and placed in the medical waste bin.
• Hand hygiene is provided.
GLASSES OR FACE PROTECTOR
• Outer surface of goggles and face shield
• Goggles or face shield on the back of the head
by removing the band without touching the front
• Hands when removing glasses or face shield
If contaminated, hand hygiene is provided immediately.
• If the equipment is reusable, for cleaning
it is left in the appropriate place, if not, it is put in the medical waste box.